View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 04:51 PM   #9
CJM72

Re: Remove a leaf to lower Tuff Country EZ Ride Sorings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
That sounds about right CJM.
After re-arching mine it dropped it down about 1 1/2", to around 39 1/2".
For me, 41" was just a tad too high.
Amazing what even just a 1/2" makes.

If you plan on levelling the rear, you may want to consider what I did;
I put the locator pin on the blocks 1/2" further rearward to locate the center of the rear axle in the wheel arch a bit better. For some reason, GM put the axle a bit too far forward IMHO. It's only a slight change, but it's little things like this that add up to make a huge difference. Using rear spacers on the rear wheels also helped the way the truck looked going down the road.
These trucks look like they "crab walk" from behind because the front track is about 4" wider than the rear. Spacers got rid of this. In fact, one block has a pin 1/2" further back and the other 5/8". My truck was a bit out of square from the factory and this lined everything up.
Mixed results from todays work. Passenger side spring is in and the height on that side is 41 3/4". Driver's side is right at 41 1/4" as expected. I'm not sure why there's a difference. There is a chance the frame isn't quite straight base on my experience fitting the front end and doors. Nothing obvious there. Not exactly sure where I'm going to go from here. The wheel arches were even with the old springs.

However, the test drive was great. My steering slop seems all but gone. The ride wasn't harsh. It tracked better than it ever has. I need to check my alignment and straighten out the steering wheel.

Last edited by CJM72; 04-16-2023 at 06:28 PM.
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote