View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #57
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Thanks guys, things are coming along slow but sure. I had my buddy JR come over friday and we thought it should be a 30 minute install of the motor and then on to beer drinking...WRONG!!! When we went to put the motor in I thought the factory exhaust manifolds would easily clear, but I was wrong. Then when we took them off the oil pan was hitting the front suspension cross member. I was at the point of desperation where I was going to cut or notch a clearence in the cross member and just be done with it. Luckily JR takled me out of that and we pulled the motor out again and then measured for about the 873rd time and came up with moving the motor mounts back to the 6 cylinder mounting holes and we just had to drill one hole on each side for the lower bolt of the motor mount. Once that was done and we had scratched enough paint and chipped some powder coat off stuff I was hoping and praying this would be our fix...and it WAS! This remounting of the motor stands worked well with the LS conversion plates I had made and it also allowed for the mounting of the CPP tranny mount to the factory bolt holes in the frame. So gents.....here she sits as an official roller with the LS motor and 4L60E tranny installed! (and yes, we celebrated with a few cold beers afterwards! )

I am going to spend a few minutes in the shop this afternoon and going over and snugging up bolts and retorque what was done....

Cheese "one more thing marked off the list" Man