View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:08 AM   #67
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

I have been working in the garage but not updating this thread, sorry for anyone following along.

The main goal of the project, to fix the rust and the interior hasn't made a ton of progress, as I need to lift the bed to finish the cab corner. Once it is back on its wheels, it should be easier to move around/get the bed off. I have most of the passenger side done, I just need to finish up the back of the cab corner and stitch weld the lower pinch weld. I also need to move forward on the drip rail and window frame.

I bought the front sway bar and end-links from QA1. Way over-priced for what it is, but it "bolted right up". I had to remove and replace the stock sway bar hangers (riveted on). This took an afternoon of grinding and beating out rivets upside down, even with my air chisel. Unfortunately this triggered more scope when I realized I needed to paint the underside of the front of the truck before buttoning up the sway bar install.

I finished up painting the front end frame/cross member/bumper brackets/core support, nothing special just cleaned it up and applied paint. Looks a million times better. I bought semi-gloss, but it turned out a little glossier than I wanted.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote