View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #15
alexMoody

Re: Moody's Utah 58 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
if it's a true 1 wire alternator, it has an internally connected regulator and you shouldn't need the wire going to #2 plug. it should've had a rubber plug on 1&2. if it came that way, you got hosed i've run many alternators that way, it does work, very well at that

i can see it's an out west truck, i haven't seen a splash shield on the cab corner since the 70s

It was a military truck to some degree before I got it and it came from the Washington national guard. The paint code says SPEC on it and under the red is OD green.

I know that this next question has been hashed around, however id appreciate some input. Id like to add an oil filter, I know it doesn't actually filter that much sense the block hasn't been machined. That being said with the set up on the block with the triangle plate towards the front. Would doing the spin on filter be acceptable or should I find a replacement bypass canister? I know that these 235s don't need a filter system, just looking to give a little extra help for this old girl.

At this point I'm waiting for parts to arrive to do the wiring before reassembly.

With the alternator hooked up, new plugs and wire, rebuild carb. She fires right up and runs pretty good.
Attached Images

alexMoody is offline   Reply With Quote