View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 03:14 PM   #2
LT7A

Re: 1987 GMC "Patch" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyC102007 View Post
I just recently (last week) bought a 1987 GMC Sierra Classic 4x4. PO said the truck was at 90% when I bought it but after looking at the things that are left undone Id estimate it at almost 85% complete, luckily all the heavy rust repair appears to have already been done all that's left is some electrical (windows, rear lights, radio, multifunction switch) Exhaust, brakes and a tune up.

Right now the goal is to do as much as I can to make sure it passes PA State inspection. I have the muffler (Summit 3" welded turbo muffler) and pipe to cobble together a 3" inch exhaust for it since right now it doesnt have anything beyond the y-pipe, thats the project for this weekend, along with replacing the light on the front that's out and rewiring the tail/brake/marker/ and back up light (po had the bed off and cut the original wiring harness)

I also plan to try and get the wipers working which should be fun as this will be my first try at replacing a multifunction switch with cruise on one of these old trucks, wish me luck lol

All in all its a pretty solid truck and with abit more TLC (and $$$$) itll be a dang good truck.
Cool. Let's see it!
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote