View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #7
Bradydz

Re: GMC '64 build brought back from the dead? Big booboo

Had some free time today, got all the bushings in the mail yesterday, so I went ahead and worked on the truck for a while. Got the panhard bushings swapped, not too bad, hardest part was getting it back on with its little bend it had!

My breaker bar helped quite a bit on these 50 year old bolts. No match for Rigid!

Went ahead and worked on changing out the trailing arm bushings as well. Don't know if there is an easier way, but they fought me quite a bit on getting the clearance to get the new bushing in and the old one out. Jacked up under the arm, just had to put some muscle into it to get far enough from the mount.. Left one went fine, right one on the other hand.... Broke a chunk off. Am hoping it still has enough meat. I guess we'll find out when the truck is done.
I'm amazed at watching what some of you guys can get accomplished on here and I struggle with just swapping a bushing. I don't know, seems sad to me. But I am learning as I go so maybe next time will go smoother? I imagine that right side will cause problems down the road... GAH.
Bradydz is offline   Reply With Quote