View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 04:31 PM   #1
ryans69chevy

Looking for some direction

I'm finally getting back to working on my pickup. I took a few years off to remodel my house. Before I put my pickup to the side, I removed paint from some body panels and I also had some other parts sandblasted. Now that I am getting back in the swing of things, I'm trying to figure out what I need to do with all these parts.

I took the paint off my tailgate and hood. I had quite a bit of thicker metal parts sandblasted like wood bed braces, and smaller parts that I packed away in totes.

I'm thinking that I should invest in a primer gun and everything needed to spray. I just set and wired my air compressor. I'm a little lost or maybe just a little overwhelmed with all the parts I have bare metal and what to do.

I looked up the auto body supplier that I've been to before to buy dollies and hammer for metal work. It looks like they sell Dupont and BASF paint products. I was going to run over there and talk with them, but wanted more opinions from all of you on what I would actually need instead of just trying to push a sale.

Should I just pick up some epoxy primer and spray these parts *following the TDS* and then put them off to the side or do I need to do more with them right away? I have an inner fender and a bedside wheel tub with some bondo that I sanded with 180 grit.

Just trying to get back on track with this pickup. I need to stay more focused on doing one part of it rather than skipping around like I use to do. Had more time than money so I was doing what I could, which now is probably biting me in the rear.

Appreciate any help. My first time shooting with a paint gun and prep so any details will help. I've also been using the search engine feature on the site to research this, which i will continue to do.
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote