View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #21
AKoldstyle

Re: Prostreet / Dragrace 1972 blazer

Well once again im doing my part to support the US economey. I just purchased the trans from ATI , a th400 reverse manual with a vasco input and all the toughest parts my money can buy. They say this can handle 2000hp with the custom converter I bought. Lets just say $4500 is alittle steep in my mind !!! I guess we all gotta pay 2 play when we start really upin the power levels. I built this engine to be around 800hp and 750 ftlbs on pump gas, it is low compression and built to rev with a stout valve train. I also bought my mezeire electric pump and march pulley and bracket kit for the pump,alt,and power steering. would any 1 believe im spending 5k amonth in parts and have been since last june? Its been all out of pocket and no credit. I work in the oilfields as an equipment mechanic at the top of alaska in the arctic. I normally work 5weeks on and 1week off 12hrs a day, to afford this crazy obession.
Well thanks 2 all who have stopped by 2 check out my project and I will try and keep up with my proggresive pics.
Attached Images

AKoldstyle is offline   Reply With Quote