View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #1267
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: My 1965 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
kind of an odd time in the thread to ask about this,since you are already to paint..
but what kind of grinder(s)/discs do you use for grinding your welds?
This is what I use to dress my welds down. I use the 1991 to level and the 1406 or 1407 to smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Curt View Post
Good question...I go through a lot of those!! I would like to know too.

Alan, the extra work was probably a birthday present from a higher authority. I like to use that term. Got to use it once at work. I had a persimmon tree blow down on our campus during a storm. It was the only one we had. I got a nasty letter some time later from a Biology professor demanding to know why we removed it while he was off for the summer, and that he used it in his classroom teachings. I proudly told him it was removed by a higher authority!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
I get my grinding disc's and cut off wheels from here. They have great prices, and a better product than Harbor Freight. Check them out.
http://www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com...scs/Categories
Nice link to some affordable abrasives. I might check into it someday.

Since I couldn't work on 198's I welded my hood tonight. It got too late to grind. I've got a little over 2 hrs so far. I still need to grind and clean up and touch up spots that I missed.

Tried to clean out the joint the best I could.

Tack welded about every 3/8"-1/2".

Connected the dots on every other space

As it is now. It's hard to make a pretty weld when you jump around so much. All will be ground smooth.

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote