View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
sick454

Re: !!!!5.3 Vortec Swap Started!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
You can get a good trans cooler from the local parts store. If I remeber right I took a hose from a new model truck and cut the compression sleeve off and had the parts store put the fitting on a hose for the old steering box. Get a radiator and a set of fans from a 98-01 fbody if you want to go cheap. Get a walbro 255 inline pump and a 97 up corvette filter/regulator and you can use your blazer tank. The corvette filter/regulator is easy to make work.
So got the filter/reg set up from a 99 vette. Now how do i connect everythig to my fuel system. I have TWO fuel lines running from the tank, up to the engine compartment. One i had connected to the fuel pump running the old 454. The other i never used. not sure what the second line was for. I have had the tank down and it connects to the pick up assembly??? This seems to be the one think I am dreading doing. Not sure why, I'm not sure were to put the pump, cut and splice into my existing lines, remove and replace with different fuel lines. HELP me please.
sick454 is offline   Reply With Quote