View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #113
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Thanks guys. I used Aluminum Oxide, although the exact grit/particle size is unkown since I was using a rented facility. I would recommend staying away from glass beads on some pot-metals and soft stuff, the beads can shatter and nest in pits the in the material (even if you blow it/wipe it) and can work there way out during powdercoat or paint drying.

Like I said they still need satin clear for longevity, and I need to coat the turn signal surrounds as well...and do the larger pieces.

I couldn't grab a picture today either, but I picked up a new Hobart 210MVP welder. WOW this thing is sooo much better than my old Lincoln multi voltage. On 115 its been the single best welder I've used so far, although I haven't used it on 220 with heavy stuff yet. I was laying a few test beads on scrap and was extremely happy with the results. With a little patience, I'll have some more progress stuff up later this week.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote