View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 11:09 AM   #3
Rusty one

Re: Exhaust routing with a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I can't offer any pics but there's room between the outer rails & body to run exhaust. The trucks I've seen done had the tubing coming out of the manifolds into 90° bends under the area where the rails kick up for the front x-member & then 90° turns back toward the rear once outside of the rail. My old room-mate had his routed outside of the rails on a 62 (lowered but not extreme drop). The mufflers were dead-center of the cab mounts. I personally would have placed them between the front bed panel & the beginning of the wheel opening arch.

Routing height was kept the same as if it were ran within the rails (nothing was below the bottom of the rail). You'll want to be aware/mindful of rear wheel size/back-space so the pipes have enough room from the tires.

I'd start by clamping some 2"x6" lengths of .250" steel to the bottom off the frame from just in front of & just behind the cab mounts. Tape some 1/2" material down on those to set the 'height' of the tubing routed to the rear. Determine how/where you want your hangers to support the tubing there. Then it's a matter of snaking the tubing under the kick-up in front to meet the tubing coming out of the manifolds & following the rear frame kick-up to clear the axle tubes.
Thankyou for your response and advice.
Rusty one is offline   Reply With Quote