View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:25 PM   #1012
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well I had my third and fourth race this past weekend at the Tx Motorplex in Ennis, Tx. I arrived on Wednesday morning and attempted to run the test session. I made one pass and everything seemed ok. I went up to make another pass and had to shut it off about 300ft out. I can't believe this tank rolled all the way to the first turnout lol. I was by myself with no help at the time. So I'm sitting there wondering what the hell is wrong. I decide to fire it up. It wasn't making any noise for say. So I drove back to the trailer. It sounded ok idling but sounded like crap revving it. I pulled the right valve cover first looking at valve springs and such. Just the normal WTH is going on routine.
I didn't really see anything so I started checking valve lash on that side. When I got to the #4 intake rocker it just flopped up. There was no pushrod to be found. Ol' Ken was getting ready to head out to come to the track. I had to tell him (Wait for me! I can't find my pushrod). I pulled the drivers side valve cover and found the #4 intake pushrod on the other bank next the #3 pushrod. I got it fixed but ran out of time to make another pass.