View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 05:23 AM   #1024
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well I almost brought home another Wally this weekend. It was a tough three days. Lightning struck a transformer early Friday morning. It not only knocked out the power to the track. It also fried a bunch of equipment at the same time. It was late Friday afternoon before they got everything up and running. They had a track held TNT that evening but I didn't participate. We got three official three official time trials Saturday and started the race first thing Sunday morning. I was the last loser yesterday to Joe Lytle. The heat index was only 112 to 115 yesterday so it was a miserable SOB all day. Even though it's been 2009 since my last final round it's really only been four full seasons since my last. This was decidedly a do or die race for me due to fuel prices etc. I had made my mind up that if I didn't do good enough here I was done for the year. I have three out of Division races I can make for points I will most likely just make the Double Divisional in Topeka the last week of July. It's really not feasable to run anything else due to the miles.