View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:03 AM   #44
jdorrough

Re: Rotten 66 Farm Truck Build

While waiting on the parts listed above, I've also spent time over the last couple weeks under the hood. I finally sorted out my brakes and steering. I went with POL for both but looking back I may have taken a different approach if I knew how long everything was back ordered. I'm talking months, not days. Probably due to covid but annoying none the less. After getting the Hydro-boost installed I couldn't find any pre-made or diy hose kits that I liked so I ended up going with bulk Fragola hoses and buying each Fragola fitting needed to incorporate the Hydro-boost, rack and pinion, reservoir and pump. Very pricey but ended up with a clean look. Their system is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I learned pretty quickly not to over torque those aluminum fittings when I stripped out a $20+ elbow.

I also included an interior shot. I've got the new Dakota Digital gauge cluster installed. The steering wheel is buttoned up now that I've gotten the linkage hooked up under the hood. Lastly I put a set up lap belts in but I'm really starting to rethink the bench seat. I think I'll want to go buckets with at least a three point belt later on. I backed it out of the garage to move it from one garage bay to the other and tapped the throttle after the clutch was fully engaged. To my shock, I didn't really go anywhere fast but instead left a trail of tire smoke and black marks for my wife to enjoy on our driveway. This thing is going to be a death trap.
Attached Images