View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 03:23 PM   #8
popeyestruck

Re: One piece side window option

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreen View Post
I think vent windows are very desirable on these old trucks and I'd fight to keep them.

I'd want to understand what the differences are before starting to cut anything. Your pictures make it look like it needs to go forward and up in the opening. Aftermarket rubber being what it is I'd be suspicious of that first.

Are you able to compare the new windows/rubbers to the old ones?
Can you compare profiles of old and new doors at perimeter and cross section using one of those profile finger gauges?

repairing the pivots then rebuilding my AD vent windows with new rubber and getting them installed in doors was probably 3 days work but worth it
The inner door profile and out vent window profile are a little different on the bend. Old vent windows are gone but I still have the old doors. These vent windows dont really fit either but the old doors its closer. On the new doors the vent window hits on the top right screw bracket and the bottom left so the window cant be pushed closer to left . If I remove these 2 brackets it may give me enough wiggle room to push the vent window assembly into position. Theres still 2 brackets on the vent window from that I can either line up with the existing holes in the door frame or drill some new holes if needed. If I do this the bottom 2 bolts that go into the lower door should then line up too. I'm waiting until tomorrow to start on them . Taking a day to think on it and give time for anyone who has an idea. I think I have a good plan worked out.
popeyestruck is offline   Reply With Quote