View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

My '46 Chevy Pickup - The Innaugural Pre '47 Thread!

Hello to any fellow pre '47 owners that may be here. I first posted about my then new-to-me 1946 Chevy pickup back in August '09 on the '47-54 board. I wondered if I would be asked to leave by a moderator but everyone was very welcoming. I am honored to be (apparently?) the first poster to this new board.

After having restored an older Porsche 911S and selling it to an exporter who sent it to The Netherlands, I went looking for a '55-'59 or a '67-'68 Chevy shortbed. A friend found this '46 and I thought it was just too old for me, frankly. I'd had a '57 project truxk I lost in the divorce of my 20 year marriage 10 years ago so that's what I really want to replace. I looked at this truck three times before deciding to buy it.

It has an excellent running,mildly cammed 350/350 engine/trans combo, and a Jag fully independent rear suspension with inboard disc's, up front it has disc's as well. The truck shows no rust that I've found yet and I suspect that it was assembled from rust free parts from other trucks of the same years: '41-46. My cab is a '41 as it has the pot metal rear window frame that I understand was unique to the one year of this model run. THe only thing I've done to it since buying it is buy a bunch of weatherstripping and windpow channel parts, bought a windshield regualtor which I rebuilt (but haven't installed yet, and I had the truck professionally re-wired. The wiring had been a nightmade.

Anyway, enough blabbing. Here's some pix. I'm really looking forward to this board taking off as Stovebolt.com doesn't allow direct posting of photos and doesn't get nearly the traffic of this site.
Attached Images

Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote