View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 10:57 AM   #358
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
Painted one side of the wheels yesterday. Also got the outside of the bed painted. I want to remove the old wood floor before I paint the inside. I left the fuel fill hole because I am going to re-use the auxiliary gas tank. I am also going to put the upper trim on the truck.

My new tires came yesterday. The wheels I am using have an oval valve stem hole and none of the local tire shops have that type of valve stem. (picture below) I found them on line so I will have to order them.

I had my exhaust scheduled to be installed tomorrow. I was close to the shop yesterday and decided to stop in and check on what it was going to cost me. I have had the exhaust installed on three different vehicles by this shop but it was before the big "C" and a new owner. The last one I had done was $350 or $400. When he got it figured up I about fell over.... $1042 total. I said "that ain't gonna work" "I guess I will have to do it myself". The owner is an old aquaintence of mine and he said "we aren't open on weekends so if you want to do it yourself you can do it here". I said I would accept his offer and hope to do it this weekend or next.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote