Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 10:24 PM   #362
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

This weekend has been a busy one. Yesterday, my buddy Levi and I went to Cagle's U-Pull-It to look for some parts that we needed. I ended up finding the coolant/wiper washer jug from a 90s F150 and a rear sway bar from the same year range Bronco. Yes, I'm putting Ford parts on my Chevy . I'm doing the Jeep wiper arm swap, so I picked up a couple extras as spares/practice. The yard also had an old International Loadstar that just so happened to have a factory dome light lens that looked exactly like the one in Frankentruck. It had nice clips, so I'll be replacing mine that the clips broke on.

After we were done rummaging through the junkyard, we went over to Flashed's place and talked trucks and stuff for the rest of the afternoon. It was a great time, and was great to hang with John again. Got a sweet shot of John's super clean square in the sunset.

Today didn't see any work done to the new parts, but I did drive out to Cumming so that I could check out some wheels that I've wanted. Frankentruck got some new shoes for Christmas!! I picked up some Wheel Vintiques 15x8 steelies off of Facebook Marketplace for a great deal. Needs a coat of black and they'll be ready for new tires. Eventually I'll find some 61-63 hubcaps, but for now, I'll run the caps that came on the truck when I got it over 4 years ago
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 12-15-2019 at 10:56 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote