View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 10:27 AM   #29
Davidf

Re: LS Swap: Introduction, newbie, planning...

Update:

Machine shop said 862 heads passed pressure test, so I had the heads resurfaced and valve stem seals replaced. We both now suspect a leaking head gasket.

Over the weekend, I got the LM7 reassembled with new lifters, timing chain, and of course seals. I went ahead and painted the block Chevy Orange. I used an EngineTech gasket set and found that I did not trust the oil pump pick-up tube o-ring, so I purchased a replacement from a Chevy dealer. Also, the kit did not come with the oil galley expansion plug so that was sourced from the dealer as well.

I started on the engine wiring harness mods and received my computer back from LT1SWAP. The wiring is bit more complicated as I am keeping the a/c going through the computer (for idle compensation when compressor is activated) and the pressure safety switches.

Next up will be cleaning the transmission to get it ready to reattach to the engine just before I am actually ready to make the swap. My C10 is on the road currently, so I want to make sure I have most of what I need and all parts modified before I actually attempt the swap.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote