Thread: Seat Options
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 10:00 PM   #5
68PanelTruck

Re: Seat Options

Wow, what a coincidence. I'm doing the same thing and picked up some seats yesterday. I have a 68 Panel so not exactly the same as a Suburban but close. I do have the original bucket seats with lap belts that but don't feel they are safe being so low with no head restraint and no newer style 3 point seatbelts. I've been driving pickups for the last 35 years and have been rear-ended SIX times. That is the reason I am leaning toward the newer style with a headrest.

The seats I picked up are from a 99 Silverado I believe. They have 6-way power but you can find them manual too. They are just sitting in the truck, not bolted down yet as I'm test fitting them. So far I think they fit and look perfect. Spacing is good and the drivers seat is center with the steering wheel. Height is good too. The steering wheel is a little tight getting in and out but not too bad. Can't decide if I should go with the folding center jump seat/ console or the old school square body console.
Attached Images

Trying to bring a 68 Panel Truck back from the dead. 396 Big Block, 4 on the floor, and a whole lot of rust.
68PanelTruck is offline   Reply With Quote