View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #151
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Was talking to a mechanic friend of mine today and he said he uses a quart or so of tranny fluid in a gunked up engine to help clean it out. He said not to drive it like that but run it some to circulate it, then drain and replace the oil, etc. Anyone else heard of this or tried it? Would it better than regular seafoam treatments? Any other products you have used or heard of being used? I did put sea foam in the other day and will run it with that for a while and change the oil and filter again this weekend, just looking for other options.

BTW, went to a junkyard today and found a good driver side fender and inner fender for $30. I also got a 68 chevy grill for $10 that I'll either re-sell or use on the other blazer body I have, and also got an excellent step side fender for $25 that I'll be selling. It was just too nice to let sit in the junkyard. I really like this junkyard but it's about 85 miles away. When I'm working in that area and I have time, I stop and look. Oh yeah, I got seat belts for my C-10 for $10 too.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote