View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #37
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

The weather for my area is unusual for this time of year over a foot of snow in the last few days. Between shoveling the driveway and staying warm and dry not much work on the truck just some conceptual thought. A good thing I don’t have to go any where unless I want to.

Been contacted by Livrat (a forum member) about the free eng and trans. Now just have to figure out a time and weather permitting to pull them, load them up and off to Livrat’s shop they will go.

I’ve been taking measurements and checking them twice just to make sure every thing turns out nice and gathering the parts that are laid out with care (must be the Christmas time sneaking into this post). This is all in preparation for my concept for the tail lights, gas filler door, and tail gate locks that will be used to archive my concept of how I want the tail end of the truck to look like.

I’ve always liked the step side bed but wanted to clean it up a bit along with maintaining the stock tail lights and eliminating the chain locks. As I’ve seen others have hidden their gas filler door behind the side marker light (I like this concept) I was thinking to incorporate this into my concept except use the tail light to hide the gas filler(yes the truck will be getting a relocated rear gas tank).

I’ve already modified the small Bear Claw Latches by adding a 1/2 “ DIA lever and SS springs, and laying out the area that will need to be removed from the 96-03 Chevy S10 Gas Tank Filler Door (door is the same 6” DIA as the stock tail lights).

Parts that will be used
36-4430 LMC Taillight Assembly (Qty 2)

36-4420 LMC Back Up Light Assembly (Qty 2)

30-3830 LMC Urethane Trunnion Set

29-3403 LMC Gas Tank Filler Door

BCSM140837 Auto Loc Locking Mini Bear Claw Door Latch Set

ESX-0021-02 Small Parts Inc 302 SS ext Springs

102834 MAR-K Tailgate Link Assembly (not shown below)

Name:  Tail-Gas-and-locks.jpg
Views: 11753
Size:  32.0 KB

Gathering my concept thoughts I put together what the change will hopefully look like when complete. (Enjoy the concept GIF animation created in Photoshop) Now all that’s left is to make the french buckets for the tail lights and back up lights, weld them in, you know all those little things to do. HA HA

Name:  Tail-Concept.gif
Views: 14240
Size:  75.8 KB

Would like to take this time to wish every one a marry Christmas and a happy new year. I do have a new year’s resolution, to complete the truck rebuild by this time next year. You all know how new year’s resolutions go, like wanting to lose 20 pounds (ok 30+ but who’s counting) wish me luck.