Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #579
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
truck work looks good...congrats on newly found freedom, 2 more years for me. also, sounds like a fun plan, cruising around the country seeing the sights.
maybe you could pack a few sanity parts to tinker with, just in case you miss it.
did you get another house? shop? or are you going total mobile lifestyle?
Thanks, Clem. Hang in there, that 2 years is going to go fast. You know, I definitely considered taking a few small things with me, but space is limited so I'm going to go 'cold turkey' on the truck for now. That may change down the road. And you never know, I might find something in our travels that I just can't live without.
No house or shop for now. We're selling, donating, or storing everything we own that we're not taking with us and most of what we're storing is my truck and shop stuff.
We'll get another house whenever we get tired of roaming the country.
Maybe we'll make it out your way some day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Congrats on retirement and the truck is looking good. Hope you can enjoy the traveling and seeing the country.
Thanks Jeff, I'm going to miss working on my truck but we've been planning this new adventure for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon 1967 GMC View Post
Wow what an update. You have a lot going on. IF you need help moving or anything just give me an email. Looks awesome. You are doing it right that's for sure. Super clean.
Are you putting in air conditioning? Vintage Air?
Thanks a lot. It's been a crazy few weeks for sure. No AC for now. I might change my mind by the time I start working on it again, but the original plan was no AC. I do have a compressor that I got with my serpentine belt system so it's not out of the question, I'm just not a big fan of all that extra stuff in the engine bay unless I lived in one of those places where you can't be without it.

I started bolting up the front sheet metal yesterday to make storage easier and I've got a couple of bed parts from Mar-K so I can bolt the bed together.
I'm going to mount the bed on a sheet of plywood for now so I can store stuff in the bed. I'll get a few picture updates later. It's looking more like a truck now than it has for years.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote