View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #79
bohmankid

Re: 1985 GMC 4x4 LS Motor Swap, tons of pics!

I thought I would update this thread. For 'closure' purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy-fun View Post
you did a great job an truck looks great. can you explain more on the 31gal burb gas tank swap. what modification did you have to do or direct bolt in? any links
When I swapped in the tank, I had to take out both furthest back cross members and relocate them with grade 8 hardware to fit the length of the tank. I welded angle iron to the cross members to hold the tank in place. It was actually quite crude, but worked like a charm. The straps were then strung along the bottom of the gas tank and bolted to the cross members holding the tank up. I made sure to weld the angle iron putting the tank up as high as possible, for appearance reasons.

The link that helped me out the most is here: http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/blazertank.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by hick View Post
My BIGGEST fear when driving my truck, and mines all original. I haven't spun a wrench on it like you have. Mine will be getting a bumper when it comes out of the barn

At least you got a pay out and it didnt get dragged out. Going to get another one?
Yeah it is pretty scary having that happen after all the work done. I'm still mad about mine, it's turned into a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
total bummer about the pickup, glad you didn't have any further injuries!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Damn bro!!!! Glad you're alright. Kind of pissy that they would total it, but I guess that's what they felt the need to do. I'm going to miss seeing updates. What's the plan to do with the money though? Get another and recreate "Bear".
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadzero View Post
What a great tread with a sad ending, was kinda hoping the work hasn't stopped so I could look forward to updates. You sure have a lot of good info here and I wish I had a rig half as beautiful, (1/8 even). The engine swap details are going to be very helpful to me. What ever you do next, keep up the great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
He got another 3/4 ton squarebody, his is switching the motor from this one to that one, heres the build thread!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=600789
Thank you all for reading my stuff haha

Here are more pics of the truck after I bought it back from the insurance company, for a good deal of course. I parted out this poor truck, sold everything piece by piece and used or junked the rest.

Put the doors on my short bed..

Put the motor in my new truck..

And built a trailer out of what I didn't sell or use to carry my junk n' stuffs. This was the first project I did with my new Millermatic not entirely done yet.. But this is how the truck.. Or what's left of it.. Sits now.

And this is the last picture I ever took of it.
bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote