View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 06:49 PM   #32
TotallyHucked

Re: Huck's 85 GMC shorty

My tuner offered to come to work this time rather than having me trailer it down to him. So I let him do his thing. He worked on it for a little over an hour and said "Man it runs good but it's got a dead miss at idle". Got my temp gun out and sure enough, #1 was cold. Swapped injectors, swapped coils but still nothing. Popped the valve cover off and I'd missed the intake rocker bolt, the rocker was just flopping. D'OH. Torqued that one back down, checked the rest and we finished up WOT tuning at that point.

After all the fuel pump issues, I was very leery at this point to beat on it, worried it might lean out and blow up. So I started daily'ing the truck back and forth to work, slowly getting more comfortable with it.

The guy that travelled with me to shows doing our marketing started harassing me to take it to Battle in Bama that May. That was only a couple weeks away at the time and I only had ~400mi on the truck, I didn't want to take the chance. Well, he finally harassed me enough that I loaded up my entire toolbox and spares and made the trip. 6.5hrs later, it made it with no issues and knocked down 22mpg! I was beyond happy with that.

Name:  BIB.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  53.5 KB

Even had to put her to work moving our display around in the soft ground

Name:  BIB pulling the schteek.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  70.6 KB

Drove it to and from the show every day that weekend, made it home (10hr trip thanks to traffic) and pulled down 18mpg on the way home. Never turned wrench one. Was a very successful maiden voyage
Walker Tuned
5/8 drop
US Mags
TotallyHucked is offline   Reply With Quote