View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #83
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
You are cruising! You must eat, sleep, work, and work in the garage huh? your welds are looking pretty nice. What's your process? Weld it all up, planish, then flap disc? Or do you planish and then overlap your welds and repeat?

I've been checking out your pics on the floor pan replacement again while I figure out how Im going to do my floor. Didn't realize you bent the piece to butt up to existing firewall. I couldn't figure out why you did that since my cab doesn't have that but my new floor does. Ive been scratching my head until I realized when I replaced my floor pans back in high school I must have cut those out... now I have to figure that whole mess out! Just another stupid thing I did back then!

Here's the mess I did back in high school... everything is lap welded to add to the disaster. At least it should come out pretty easy since the welds aren't that great!
Haha well Ive been pretty fortunate this week and got alot of extra time in the garage so I dont know that Ill be able to keep up this pace but Ill do my best. As far as my process goes, Ive just been tack welding and grinding flat then planish out if required. Not sure if its the correct approach but it seems to work for me. As far as your cab goes, anything is fixable if you want it bad enough. Im sure you can pull it off! Good luck.

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote