View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
schovil69

Re: 'Ole Green' - 1970 Chevy C10 Engine Rebuild

Thanks guys!

Since that photo the power steering pump, radiator, and wiring have been installed. The wiring loom on the radiator support in the photo contains the factory wiring. New wiring from AAW was used forward of the firewall and that loom has since been replaced as a result. There are two harnesses from AAW for this, the engine harness and the forward lighting harness.

The brake booster, bracket and master cylinder along with some other minor issues will still need addressed after this is a running/driving machine again.

A bit of scope creep set in yet again...I went to install a new hood to cowl seal the other day and decided to remove the cowl and clean out the leaves. It was at this time that the seam sealer around the antenna cable was noticed to not be sealing very well. So, new seam sealer and a screen to prevent debris from getting in there again will be installed soon. Then back to that hood to cowl seal and the cowl reinstallation and back to the engine/tranny.

Provided no more scope creep events the following is my list of items to complete,

To Do's:
Install power steering hoses onto pump
Install fuel line from pump to fuel filter
Install alternator
Install fan
Install fan/alternator belts
Install fan shroud
Blast/coat exhaust manifolds
Install exhaust manifolds
Install exhaust - need to verify existing studs are usable
Install carb - Its just sitting on top of the intake right now
Route starter wires
Cut/splice larger terminals for starter
Route temp sensor wire against block at driver side pan rail
Install heater core hoses
Install radiator cap/hoses
Torque balancer bolt
Install torque converter bolts
Install transmission lines
R/R tranny filter
R/R tranny pan gasket
R/R detent cable - tentative
Install/route battery cables
Fill oil
Startup

That should be about a days worth of piddling around with everything going right and I probably missed some small items. Hoping for a weekend finish if all parts are on hand. Speedway wouldn't sell anything yesterday, saying their computers were down, and the oil and tower clamps for the radiator hoses will be coming from there. Other items are in the mail and the detent cable issue is still being worked but that should not prevent startup.

Here's a couple interesting photos exhibiting the slack of the ole timing chain that I took during tear down:
Attached Images

schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote