View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #7
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Front shocks showed up yesterday and hopefully the rears show up today. Was also supposed to get the rear shock extenders today but they have been delayed until Monday. So I will finish the rear shock portion then.

Front drop spindles are still tentative for tomorrow arrival and I plan on removing one coil to get about 4" in the front. Based on the research I've seen from most of the users here that looks like a good tried and true route for the front.

I went ahead with the factory length Monroe OESpectrum shocks for a few reasons but primarily because they are made in America and the stock length with shock extenders seem to be a good setup vs drop shocks. I almost went with KYB's but again, these seemed to review well with other forum members so I figured I'd give them a go. Can't be worse that the beat shocks on there now. So win win

Also, started the truck yesterday after doing all of the up and down lifting for the rear drop and it instantly puked out a bunch of radiator fluid from the fill spout in the engine bay. I can only assume there was air in the system and after some research found out this could be from a clogged vent line. Sure as **** after crawling around and locating it on top of the 400 it was plugged with dirt. Honestly didn't know that was a thing that happened. Cleaned it out and hopefully that was the issue and a simple fix. Never seems to be though.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote