View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #11
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

While I was stripping paint I decided that I wanted to put disc brakes on it and really finish the suspension. I installed 4" drop rear springs while I waited for the drop spindle disc brake kit so it was kind of nose-up for a little bit. I ended up piecing together the front by ordering the 2.5" drop spindles and the rotors individually and getting the rest of the parts from Rockauto. New MOOG joints all around.

I used the Speedway master cylinder/booster spacer and their 55-57 Chevy MC/booster. I didn't read the details and got a 1" bore MC, this was a mistake. I ended up buying a 1.125" bore MC for a squarebody truck and that improved the touchiness of the brakes a ton. I also drilled a new pushrod hole on the brake pedal about an inch below the original. I replaced all the brake lines with an Inline Tube kit and only had to chase a couple of little leaks.

I relocated the rear shocks by flipping and redrilling the lower rear shock mounts and used stock length front shocks. I used the same Monroe Magnum shocks and had to grind away some of the trailing arms to make room for the shock bodies. This worked out great. The truck rides so much better with the new shocks.

I've done some other stuff, like all new window weather stripping and a new windshield, replaced the busted original speaker with a pair of 4" speakers in the dash, replaced the old defroster ductwork, installed new sun visors and a new window regulator on the driver's side. I replaced the rear main seal and oil pan gaskets but it still leaks, which is a bummer. I installed stock side and rear view mirrors, too.

Here's a little before-and-after. This is how it sits today.
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote