View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 10:55 PM   #305
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Re installed the cab, then slapped on the Precision brand door rubber before mounting the doors, and the rest of the front sheet metal. Sanded the original faded ochre paint off the hood both top and the underside. I wasn't sure what to do about the dried out foam rubber pads under the hood bracing, so, before ripping it all out, I verified that new repops are available. If you've ever wondered about the effectiveness of the small hand held sand blasters, they work very well on smaller tight areas that are difficult to get to. In one of the pictures below you will see the results on the formerly rusted hood latch bolt. I didn't see any downsides to using it other than a mess to vacuum up. Right about the time I was ready to spray the epoxy primer, my son came home from work where he recently was working in the paint department at his work so I asked if he wanted to give it a go, and he took me up on it. It was a super beautiful spring day in north Texas as the Bluebonnets down by the barn are standing tall.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 04-05-2023 at 11:04 AM.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote