View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 10:53 PM   #9
SCOTI

Re: Making a stock height truck handle a little better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Ok, another question that's related. With the additional caster, will that make it even harder to steer with manual steering? I have a Redhead Steering gear, so I'm not planning on converting to power any time soon. If the caster mod makes it harder to steer, I might not do it unless I convert to power. If it doesn't make the steering input worse, then I'll go ahead with it
Increasing the amount of positive caster will increase steering effort and straight line tracking, as well as improve high speed stability and cornering effectiveness. Positive caster also increases tire lean when cornering (almost like having more negative camber) as the steering angle is increased.

That being said, I can't say how much of an increase is actually noticed since it's kind of a subjective thing (one might notice where another doesn't).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote