View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 11:04 PM   #51
DM72C20

Been a bit since posting any updates. The truck is still running great - totally pleased with the engine and transmission.

The highway speed vibration is still around and shaking the patience out of me. Every moving part of the front end has now been replaced, bushings, control arms, steering, shocks, steering gear, etc. Alignment was done and I won’t have to think about that for a long time.

The tires are new and were re-balanced. Driveshaft has been in and out several times and re-balanced. The transmission extension bushing and seal replaced.

I tried to get the tires road force balanced today but apparently the steel wheels were too out of whack to run them. I watched as all 4 were spun up and two looked noticeably bad. So the simplest thing seemed to be the thing. I’m now trying to find a good set of steel wheels, 16”x7”, 8x6.5” hole pattern. I want to keep the hubcaps and steel look for the truck. Wheel Vintiques has some with those specs but 8-10 week wait to get stock, so that’s not a great option.

Aside from the wheels, the vibration seems to change when coasting or slowing. I theorized the rear end gears could be a factor there, but not too sure.

Looking forward to getting this sorted and taking it for some long road trips this summer!
Posted via Mobile Device
DM72C20 is offline   Reply With Quote