View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
LEEVON

Re: Traded my '08 for an....'08

Keith, funny everybody said I should have kept those LTZ wheels but the GMC's grew on me. Thanks for the compliment. This is the setup I'm going with now, everything is sitting in my garage but the rear sway bar:

FRONT:
MCG 2" spindles (from red truck)
MCG coil relocators (from red truck)
Poly sway bar bushings and end links (it has the larger 36mm bar already)

REAR:
MCG rear flip kit (7-8" drop)
DJM rear hangers (1" lift)
MCG rear helper bags (from red truck)
MCG shock relocators
Monroe Reflex rear shocks P/N 911258
Airlift load controller II
Hellwig 7800 sway bar

I tried everything on the red truck, DJM arms, Belltech struts, DJM adjustable flip kit, numerous rear shocks and the ride was always crappy. My wife would never drive it and it got old for me quick so back to the drawing board. The new setup should give me about 3.5/6 drop (with one ring on the coil relocator and a little air in the bags) with a decent ride. The shock relocators come from Tim at gmfullsize.com through MCG, not widely marketed but they work great. They just move the coil down the strut and are adjustable with rings. Nice powdercoated heavy steel.

No compromises on this one since it's a family ride, I think the rear shock relocators and stock type rear shocks are going to be key. The front spindles and coil relocators rode nice on the red truck it was the rear that killed it.

Last edited by LEEVON; 01-11-2011 at 11:02 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote