View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #146
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Next thing to test fit was the inner fenders. Barn find! Haha, actually, these are the one thing that I had stored outside, in my barn. Sorry for the dust. I actually picked these up on one of a couple trips to Alabama to see forum member MikeCofield. Mike always has the good stuff. He had a couple sets of these at the time, and this early bird got the worm.

RH inner fender - 3882650
LH inner fender - 6270855

They actually fit pretty nice. Much nicer than the set of aftermarket ones I bought years ago. I can't believe how flush they are to the fender. The driver side bolted right together.

The passenger side, due to the fitment issue with the fender, took some manipulating. The holes toward the front all lined up well. The holes near the back had to be pulled toward the fender slightly. I think once the fender is fixed, these last holes will line up much better.

Last thing to do was to check the gap behind inner fender where it attaches to the cab with the big ass fender washer. My gap was same on both sides. GM says it might take between two and four f-key shims to fill this gap. It looks like mine will take 3 per side.

Six of these f shims would cost me around $75. Plus, when things flex, they will probably make a squeaky noise. So, I made some spacers out of Delrin to replace them.

Just a few more things to mock up. Stay tuned...

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote