View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #23
bigschuss

Re: Starting the interior of my '84 K5

Thought I'd do an update. Been working in some wiring issues, getting interior plastic trim cleaned and painted, small details....but mostly taking care of rust issues and prepping the floor for POR 15.

First...did a refurbish on the gauge cluster...cleaned it and did a metallic silver paint job and all new LED lights. Pretty sure it made the cluster brighter at night.

Pulled the top off to get some more light in the cab and make it easier to work on the interior...even got room to park the tractor underneath.

I've never welded before, but I bought a cheap little Chinese made flux core MIG to to some sheet metal work. As I began working on the cab floor I found about a half dozen nickel-sized holes and many small little pin holes. I welded in small little patches on the bigger holes. And I used Eastwood soldering butter and lead rod to fill in the small pin holes. I then used JB weld to fill in the pin holes just to be sure. I suck at welding...but I think I am getting better and I like learning something new.

bigschuss is offline   Reply With Quote