View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 08:43 PM   #17
Brim

Re: Power Steering Hose OEM

I got it fixed today guys. Here is the hose that worked for me. Ended up going to Auto Zone and got lucky that the counterman was willing to help a little more than just reading what's in the computer. We broke out a dial indicator and compared my flares on the old hose. Looks like this particular hose fits 69-75. Really you just have to be sure of the flared nut size and threads.

https://www.autozone.com/suspension-...917/204644_0_0

Looks like all throughout the years the shape of the hose changed a little. If you don't want to go the "AN" fitting route just have to search a little. Also I read on here that in "1981" is when they went too metric. I didn't realize that the previous owner had installed a different steering box. He was an older gentleman and passed soon after I bought the truck. Bought it from a good friend of mines relative. I think there towards the end he was paying people to do the work on the truck.

On a side note that damn pressure line did not want to come out the back of the pump and when it did break free it spun the flare nut off the back of the pump. I had to spin the hose off to get it apart and once it separated from the housing as a whole I was able to break them loose from each other. If you ever run into this be careful because there is a small like piston in the pump that is spring loaded and will only work when facing a certain way. It can be really easy to put it in backwards and your pump will not work right. Anyway I'm back on the road again. Appreciate everyone's help on here.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by Brim; 10-12-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Brim is offline   Reply With Quote