Thread: Public Nuisance
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 09:07 AM   #46
67C10Step

Re: Public Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I've had good and bad. At my old house my neighbor on one side was the best. Just a great guy. The one on the other side.... Eh... Not so much. He wasn't crazy though, just a blabber mouth that knew everything and always wanted to give me advice that I never asked for. You know the type.

I would look out the window before I got my mail just so I wouldn't run into him. He was harmless but annoying. He just wouldn't shut up.

But he's not looking that bad now compared to this lunatic.
My old 'bad' neighbor got her karma. The guy I sold my old house to turned out to be about 3x as crazy as her. Burnouts in the driveway, junk everywhere, and was known to sit in the back yard with a bottle of whiskey and a shotgun. Sadly, he killed himself eventually.

We have at least one know it all in our neighborhood but he lives on the far end so I don't have to deal with him. We have a facebook page for the neighborhood and I guess his know it all daughter was staying with them and was complaining about people cutting trees and shooting guns. Neither are illegal where we live and I was one of the biggest offenders of both. The trees I removed had no redeeming value and I was opening things up so the mast crop trees (oaks, black tupelo, etc.) would have more room to grow. The shooting? Well, it's not illegal and nobody has asked us to stop.

As far as music goes, when I listen to Thin Lizzy or Stevie Ray Vaughn the neighbors do as well. One liked it so much they threw a rock through my shop window to hear better. OK, that was not true. My shop has no windows.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote