Thread: 72 Plaid Sub
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 07:19 PM   #45
Longhornss

Re: 72 Plaid Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliarcn View Post
Hey Longhornss,

I went with the Porterbuilt LS mounts and ICT Billet LS to LT adaptors. I did this because it raised the motor and trans to the proper elevation so the trans pan wasn’t lower than the frame rails. The 6L80E is a huge trans and just barely fit with the G8 pan. I will eventually talk to Porterbuilt about re-making the mounts so I don’t have to have the adaptors in there. As for the exhaust manifolds, I chopped the flange off the stock manifolds and welded a v-band flange on. This was a quick fix to get the suburban running and down to AZ for the Gitdown and Goodguys. I tried the 2016 Camaro tube manifolds, but they didn’t work with my steering. Passenger side was good, but the drivers side was no good. I will eventually make my own headers.

Bret

Bret,

Thanks for the information, the Guys at PB are currently making a set of LT mounts so I should be getting one of their first sets. I will be getting them un welded as they are using the stock GMPP pan (Corvette) I of course have the Holley pan and their accesory drive for my setup so I am anticipating some differences in how everything will fit because the GMPP engine uses a vette balancer and I am running a truck balancer.
Once I have the engine in place I will be giving the guys at Ultimate header a call as they already have an LT header and will work with me to move the collector around if I need it in a different area.
Longhornss is offline   Reply With Quote