View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 06:46 AM   #35
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by airspeed247 View Post
Crawled under the truck after the kid fell asleep to check the lines on the transmission vacuum modulator and sure as **** it was completely disconnected. When I was underneath the truck to clear out the vent line I saw the rubber vacuum line there and thought it was a vent line from somewhere else and had tucked it away.

Looks like whomever installed mine just has a rubber vacuum line running from the transmission all the way to the intake. So I re-connected it to make it work however the vacuum line is too large. So I'm going to get a new modulator, a smaller vacuum line and try and source the metal one. In the meantime I hope this will get me back on the road and thank you again Corts60 for mentioning it.

This is exactly why I started this thread. I know more than the average person but there's always things I'm learning and today was definitely one of those moments. So I appreciate that
Glad to help bud! That’s what we’re all here for. A nice place to chat and receive help without all the social media garbage attached. Haha.

I might suggest just replacing the hose first before buying the modulator. The loose hose may have contributed to that hard shift before.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote