View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 05:55 AM   #3
TKCR

Re: replace seat belt webbing

They have to be completely disassembled by taking off the springs. You know, the caps that say “ Don’t Remove”. The webbing will not just easily slip out. It is actually clamped down to the rod. This is not something one should mess with, if you don’t know what your doing. That can ruin your belts. I restore seatbelts, but I don’t even mess with taking the mechanisms completely apart, like your trying to.
When I restore them, just cleaning & lubing the mechanisms make them retract better. I have a thread on restoring belts, the link is posted at the bottom, on my signature. I can clean & restore them for you, just send me a pm for the details.

The pictures that are attached, are not of me disassembling the retractor. These are from someone/someplace that specializes in seatbelts, repair & rewebbing. I send the belts to this place in the event that the belts need repaired beyond what I can do and for new webbing. But 99% of the belts I clean & restore, only a few have needed new webbing because of severe fraying.
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 02-17-2022 at 06:12 AM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote