View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #14
Dexterb

Re: 1985 Suburban Scottdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjburbs View Post
Thanks! I don't think the ride is much different on the 22s vs the 20s. I was running a 255/45/20 and went to a 265/35/22, so overall diameter was pretty much the same. An extra inch of sidewall all the way around never hurts, but it's not rough or anything.

I have not notched the rear but might some day. It's pretty close, but since putting the bags on I've never hit the frame rails. The helper bags are mounted to the leafs with an upper bracket off the frame. Basically a kit like pictured from Switch.

Up front I'll hit the inner fenders 2-3 times a year when I'm on the highway and run across an avoidable bump/dip at 70-80mph. Also, when my brother and I both sit up front (we're fat.. lol) I'll sometime catch outside tire on an inner lip. That's just bad offset on the wheels more than anything. I've considered going back to 20s in the front and a bigger tire in the rear for a staggered look, but it's not really because of rubbing or anything.
Nice Build!
What bags did you go with in the rear? I ordered the same brackets for my upcoming build and just curious on what bag you went with for clearance. Did you mount in front or behind of the diff? Have any pics?
I would like to go with dominator 2600's since that is what I'm going to run in the front and it would be ideal to have the same bag out back so I only have to keep one spare on hand, but with an 8 inch diameter i'm not entirely sure on the clearance.

Cheers,
Dexter
Dexterb is offline   Reply With Quote