View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #46
NathenMyers

Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

Hey everyone!
it's been a few weeks! Dumb old Drill weekend! followed by a weekend trip to Memphis with my wife!

However, this weekend we finally got time to work!

I got the Cab of the 05 Donor truck. Stripped the interior out of it. Seats, all of the plastic and dash ( no instrument cluster) radio, and doors! Steering Column (air bag intact) and passenger airbag! All of it's for sale if anyone's lookin!

After that was stripped, We pulled all of the in-cab wiring harness out, but, whoever bought the instrument cluster out of the junkyard just cut all of the wiring so that they could pull the cluster.

I sat down to try to start soldering the cut wires together, however, there are a LOT of wires that are the same color AND same gauge. So, i'm going to try to price a another junkyard in-cab harness that hasnt been screwed up. if that ends up being way to expensive. I might just go ahead and try to repair this one first.

While i was doing that King Mechanic Arlie was putting the 05 rearend under my 72 truck for me. That thing is HUGE. Also, it turns out this newer rearend is around an inch wider on each side. but from what we can tell it will still fit under the rear fenders of the stock bed. which, if we backspace the wheels correctly, will still look ok!

Another weekend in the bag!
Attached Images

NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote