View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #20
Driver_WT

Re: Full replacement chassis: No Limit/other --54pu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
All I am asking is that folks give honest answers to the question and let the opinions be of which (in this case complete chassis) is the best and why. Not that the should fabricate their own unit from scratch. We all know or should know our limitations including skill, ability, equipment and time wise. Even some who have the skills may want something that is at a higher level than what they can build in a home shop with the available time they have to work on the truck.
For myself I like to receive all of the input. When I have a need or a problem I am looking for the options and potential solutions. Many times I may think that the only option is to buy something; sometimes someone will suggest making it and provide some advice, pics, dimensions, etc. on how to make it. And that works for me.

In this case, I would not have the ability to build an entire frame, but I would appreciate the input and admire the skill and ingenuity of those that have far more fabrication skills and experience.

I will say this is a pretty friendly board and most people are only trying to help. I have received great help from people on this board when building my truck. I am also on the Corvette forum - many days that is a whole other story. The norm is expect to be attacked if you ask a question that someone thinks you should already know the answer to and if you post a pic of a mod to your car be prepared to be told by some that they don't like it and you are an idiot for doing it. I still get some good info from the Corvette forum, help others where I can, and there are some great people there, but you have to sometimes put up with a lot of crap and negativity along the way.