View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 09:25 AM   #985
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Project 67 DRGNWGN - 67 Burban!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
put the 50 Chryslers back in yesterday, well see how that goes.
also got the body mounts installed today. they weren't too bad, only had to cut one off. pb blaster is soo good....they aren't exact duplicates of the originals (as far as shape goes) but they seem very nice. the third picture is the very back ones, originals are rectangular.

tomorrow I will try to tackle the the next thing. still need to fix my wipers, install the side mirrors, and start on getting the window frame painted to get the windshield in. truck won't make the show this weekend, but it's ok. also having a dilemma with my wheels.

called a local powdercoat shop and he said because the chrome peeled in a few spots, he doesn't want to mess with the wheels since they might not turn out great. he said he can still do it, but would rather not.. at least he's honest lol. sooo, my options are this: roll with the powdercoat anyways and see how it turns out. or, I got my eye on some 20" steelies. after ordering wheels and sending to get powder coated, I would be down $1500... which I REALLY don't want to spend right now. I would save about $1000 if I got my 22's powder coated and hope for the best. steelies - powdercoated with tires - 2 grand. my rims powdercoated with tires - $1100

Body mounts look good!

I'm pretty sure the chrome will keep peeling on your wheels even if you powder coat them. If you have a chrome plating shop in your area they can strip the chrome off of them, then you could successfully coat them. Only problem is by then you would probably have the price of the new ones in the old ones.....

Decisions, decisions..

LockDoc
'

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote