View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 07:05 PM   #605
44th Miss Inf

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44th Miss Inf View Post
Went yesterday and helped my wife’s young nephew get an 88 running he just inherited. It has been sitting at least 5 years. Dropped tank and cleaned, reinstalled. Got it to fire off.

Plan is a new tank, sending unit and fuel pump to start. Then go thru the brakes/wheel bearings. I’m having to show him everything, as no one has ever taken time (his family is not mechanically inclined) but that is what we are supposed to do.

Then I have to teach him to drive it, as its a 350/5 speed RCSB truck.
We got the new tank and sending unit in. Still a few issues with running so I pulled the throttle body unit and brought home to clean and rebuild. Pulled the cap and found a good bit of corrosion. So a tune up is in order also.

Showed him how to check the pump and sending unit/gauge operation before installing in the tank, went over tbi removal, how it operates, etc., showed him the corrosion on the cap/rotor, and a few things while I had the chance. Said when his grandfather parked it (when he started his down turn) it needed brakes, so told him I’d go over/help him with that.

Was at one of the chain part stores Sunday evening when a younger guy I know came in and asked if I’d rebuild a motor for him. Told him, I’d show him how. At that, one of the parts counter guys and his buddy who was in there talking to him came over and asked if I would show them also. Told them we’d all get together and I’d go over it with them
44th Miss Inf is offline   Reply With Quote