View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 12:39 PM   #619
Just call me Sean

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I've been putting off tightening up the upper steering column in my 91. It has gotten annoying now. Whenever I shift to park or use the turn signal the whole column collar turns a bit. Well, I have mostly ran out of things to take care of on it so today I said today's the day. I dug into it and got down to removing two pivot pins so I can get the inside structure out of the way to get to those 4 bolts that have worked loose. It was time to buy some new sockets as well. Outside torx sockets just to fit those 4 bolts, and some Loctite. And wouldn't you know it, it takes a specialty tool to pull those pins out. Lisle makes it and it's reasonably priced but no one in town has it. And quicker than I can give my wife the part number she has one coming on Monday. Amazon is her go to source for most things now days. And today is Saturday, yard work is done, so I don't mind. I believe I'll have a cold snack

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...le+19940&pos=0
I guess the truck is down for the weekend? I've never had a column that far apart. Any pictures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Geez. They won't sell the tire loose? What's the rationale for that?
Most just say "liability reasons". When the shop I always bought from said it to me first I had them explain more. People installing tires on vehicles they aren't rated for then suing when they fail. People injuring themselves installing them and suing. Mostly reasons that revolve around getting sued. I said I would sign a waiver but still no. You know I could sue you for not selling me tires too right? That's the reward I get for helping keep your store open instead of ordering online and saving money.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote