View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #622
Boog
laying low

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
I guess the truck is down for the weekend? I've never had a column that far apart. Any pictures?

Most just say "liability reasons". When the shop I always bought from said it to me first I had them explain more. People installing tires on vehicles they aren't rated for then suing when they fail. People injuring themselves installing them and suing. Mostly reasons that revolve around getting sued. I said I would sign a waiver but still no. You know I could sue you for not selling me tires too right? That's the reward I get for helping keep your store open instead of ordering online and saving money.
Yeah, it ain't going anywhere right now. And all over a $10 tool.
This is the 1st time for me going that far into a late model column too. There are numerous videos out there and I've watched a couple so I dove right in. It is tight in there. I did buy that locking plate removal tool also. All these many years and I've never owned one. I used to do it the hard way. These two tools I'll likely never use again.
Your experience with tire stores are nothing like around here. I just recently ordered a set of tires and took my rims up there to get the tires mounted. Mounted, balanced and loaded in the back of my truck. No questions asked. The tire tech did snap a selfie of him posing beside my '91. He has a 91 sportside too.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote