Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #1404
DD1

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Naturally you get a front grill rebuild fastener kit and it’s missing a couple nut clips and a bolt, and the hood higth adjust pads don’t have the lock nuts, but ya keep rolling.

Masked off the grill ring (chrome part) skuffed the headlight area and repainted the black areas, cleaned and reattached the plastic grill, as I had read the plastic press in fasteners are a pita, I first noticed they made them differently, the releaf cuts are perpendicular not cornr to corner, i also realized the releaf cuts did not all have the same depth, just not enough give to press in with my beat up hands, I cut the releafs so they were all the same, then I was able to get it started with a small welders vise grip then finished the other side with a small channel loc. So grill is mounted, I have the outer grill supports riveted back on, wish the kit had a couple black headed rivets, oh well. I elected not to bother trying to polish the scratches on the outer grill , just too many. I also did a quick clean up of the radiator support.

I have to deal with the missing hardware before I remount the grill.
This is going to be really helpful if and when I ever get this far.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote