View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #27
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

OK....sorry for the delay guys. Had to leave the computer for a few days to get something done!

lets see Saturday...I got the -6 AN s.s. hose installed for a return line, got the fuel pump mounted, and the Corvette filter/regulator in with Russell efi adapters and -6 AN fittings - 3/8" s.s.hose...then reinstalled tank.

I bought lots of fittings and adapters to change my 1/2" hose and -8AN fittings to 3/8" -6AN...had leaks all over so I pulled it all out

built a new 3/8" s.s. hose w/-6AN ends to replace it all.

new fuel pump power lead being run also:

which takes it all the way to the -6AN to 3/8" Russell efi adapter and the fuel rail.

then it was back to the harness. I started laying everything out on the drivers side, and run the intake to the passengers side like its designed (and checking things with the extra pieces I bought)...

but....wait...there were wires to pull out of my wiring 1st....the 2 UEGO's, the MSD, electric fuel pressure, etc.

and with a little work I think I can make my CAI setup run to the drivers side...

which would put the harness end/power/ecm etc. running to the passengers....and decided I would put it on the passenger side on a shelf (need to build) on the fender. As soon as the budget allows a Vintage Air purchase...the ecm and tcm will be mounted on the firewall.

then they started predicting bad weather thru the weekend that could include hail. That was enough to motivate me to put the truck on wheel dollies and push it to the side (it sat in the middle of the garage and sideways) so I could bring the SS in. That put the rest of the work on hold until Sunday.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote